TCGplayer, Inc., an eBay company
Syracuse, NY (Remote)
June 2017 - present
Principal engineer and architect on the TCGplayer marketplace teams. Working with
product and engineers to create scalable solutions for an internet commerce site serving
millions of users.
- Architect for the transition from a legacy ASP.NET monolith to a
microservice-based solution. Worked with architects and engineers focusing on the
migration of the product pages, login, shopping cart, and checkout. This both
increased our ability to scale as well as reduced site downtime.
- Lead engineer and architect on Cart Optimizer, a combinatorial optimization
problem. This lets users get the best possible price by selecting sellers for items
in their cart that may have a higher price, but can be combined to save on shipping
- Lead engineer on the TCGplayer mobile app, for iOS and Android. Uses computer
vision to identify Magic, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh cards from thousands of possibilities
via a standard phone camera. This saves users and store owners hours of time of
manual entry and allows them to easily list items for sale.
SkyPort IT, Inc. (formerly QwicNet, Inc.)
Systems Analyst; Web Developer
June 1996 - Aug 1999
Created the company web site, developed custom tooling, and maintained client computer systems.
- Designed and developed the QwicNet corporate web site and former company Optimal PC Solutions corporate web site.
- Developed custom tools for low-level disk access used internally.
- Developed database and data entry forms for clents.
- Responsible for system administration at Clearplass Containers, Inc. (May 1998 - June 1998).
- Responsible for PC technical support and repair.